Once a buyer sends you an offer the next step is to accept to accept it and proceed to create the transaction.
Exchange has partnered with Escrow.com to offer the most secure and efficient way to get paid. In order to have your account transferred to your buyer, you must use Exchange's payment flow to get paid. Not familiar with Escrow.com? Here's more information: Why use Escrow.com?
Once you have an offer from a buyer, follow these steps to get paid:
- Go the Messages tab in the Exchange app
- Find the message from your buyer containing the offer
- Accept the offer and proceed to create a transaction. Decide on a final price and describe what it is you are selling.
- Once you've created the transaction, the buyer will be notified and can then pay through Escrow.com. The buyer can pay Escrow.com via bank transfer, credit card, or Paypal.
- Once you're notified that the buyer has paid, transfer any assets you agreed to sell. Do not make account ownership changes in Shopify, we'll transfer the account for you at the end of your transaction.
- Notify Escrow.com that the assets you've agreed to sell have been shipped. This will start the buyer's inspection period.
- After the inspection period, Escrow.com will release the payment to you.
Here is a more detailed guide on how the sale process works.