Just like writing a description for a product in your store, it's important to create a listing for your business that will spark the interest of buyers and help answer their questions.
Listings with a detailed and organized description have a higher chance of selling on Exchange. We recommend that you aim for at least 500 words in your listing's description.
Not sure what to include in your description? Here are some ideas for things to include that are important to buyers:
- The story of your business. Why did you decide to start the business and how long have you been running it?
- What's included in the sale? Aside from the store itself, are there social media accounts, inventory or domains that will be included?
- Describe the business model. Do you drop ship or hold the inventory yourself?
- What work have you already put into creating the business?
- What have you done to attract customers? Here you can describe your store's marketing strategies ie. advertising campaigns, relationships with social media influencers, or successful email campaigns.
- What is your cost of customer acquisition?
- Do you have recurring customers?
And most importantly:
- Why are you selling the business? It's important to let buyers know that they can trust you and that you're selling them your business in good faith.
A lot of the time buyers have a specific idea for what they want, so creating a detailed and thoughtful description of your store will help buyers quickly decide whether or not your business is the right one for them.