Just like writing a description for a product in your store, it's important to create a listing for your business that will spark the interest of buyers and help answer their questions. Your listing is ultimately what will make buyers decide whether or not to contact you with an offer.
What types of listings get the most buyers?
Listings with a detailed and organized description have a higher chance of selling on Exchange. We recommend that you aim for at least 500 words in your listing's description.
Serious buyers are looking for serious sellers, so a professional listing that was carefully made will perform better than a listing with missing information.
You should also make use of the screenshots in your listing. You can upload a maximum of ten photos. If you're looking for ideas on what to upload aside from a screenshot of your store from, have a look at our guide on uploading screenshots.
What to include in your listing
Not sure what to include in your description? Here are some ideas for things to include that are important to buyers:
- The story of your business. Why did you decide to start the business and how long have you been running it?
- What work have you already put into building the store?
- What's included in the sale? Aside from the store itself, are there social media accounts, inventory or domains that will be included?
- Describe the business model. Do you drop ship or hold the inventory yourself? Buyers want to understand how they can make money from this business.
- What have you done to attract customers? Here you can describe your store's marketing strategies ie. advertising campaigns, relationships with social media influencers, or successful email campaigns.
- What is your cost of customer acquisition? Here you can explain what it costs to generate sales.
- Do you have recurring customers? Businesses with loyal customers are attractive to buyers looking to get up and running immediately.
- Why are you selling the business? This helps buyers understand you as the seller and helps them trust whether or not your business is a good investment.
A lot of the time buyers have a specific idea for what they want, so creating a detailed and thoughtful description of your store will help buyers quickly decide whether or not your business is the right one for them.
The more information you include, the better your chances are of finding a quality buyer quickly.