Ready to find out how much you could make by selling your store on Exchange? Listing your store is the first step on your journey to being a successful entrepreneur who has sold their business online. Here's what you need to get started.
Get the Exchange App
To list your store for sale on Exchange you'll need to have the Exchange app installed on your Shopify account. There are two ways to get the app:
- From exchange.shopify.com, click the 'Sell your business' button in the site header. You'll then need to log into your Shopify account and install the app.
- Or, from your Shopify account, go to Settings > Account and look for the Sell or Close your store button.
Create your Listing
Once you have the Exchange app installed, it's time to fill your listing with information about your store before you publish. We have some tips to help you create a great listing here. Here are the basic steps for creating a complete Exchange listing.
- Enter a Title for your listing. You can include the name of your store with a short description of your business.
- Select an industry for your store. Only established stores will see the option to select an industry.
- Enter a description for your store. Use this to tell buyers about your sales, marketing strategies, why you're selling and a bit of history of the business.
- Set a selling price. We automatically generate an estimated value, but feel free to make any changes.
- Check off the options for what's included in your sale.
- Link your social media accounts. Buyers will be able to see your follower counts.
- Upload screenshots. Exchange automatically generates a screenshot of your storefront. Feel free to upload screenshots of store sales or traffic reports, as well as any other screenshots of your website.
- Review your contact information. Buyers won't be able to see your email address, but their responses will be anonymously forwarded to this email.
Your listing's sales and traffic data cannot be modified. Exchange will show all verifiable sales and traffic data on your listing. Learn more about verifiable sales data.
When you're ready, click the Publish button. Once published, your listing will be live on Exchange. You can expect to start getting messages from potential buyers in no time!